Navigation1

Saturday, March 2, 2013

My FIRST Diaper-Cake

When I decided to make my first diaper-Cake, I was shocked at how well it came out...

I was actually searching the web for scrapbook idea's, which led to some create crafts and ideas for other gifts.  Knowing I had a baby shower to attend soon, it sparked my interests when I seen a few diaper-cake ideas.

Watching how they were made made me believe that it was simple as pie; however, it was a challenge the first time... The wheels took a few tries to get them perfect!

After getting everything assembled and looking like a diaper-cake stroller.. something was missing!

 
My 1st Bassinet/Stroller Diaper-Cake: Before adding a few extra little changes!


I considered removing the red ribbon completely.. but decided to see what other things I could add spruce up the diaper-cake itself; and keep the wheels just the way they are!



The back looked nice before, but I decided to add a little ribbon and a paci to decorate it a little. 


I also added a paci at the pillow and a cute flower at the crown of the stroller; but something still needed to blend in the red wheels!? 



~I had a lite pink piece of ribbon that was wrapped around the receiving blanket that I had used for the bedding...

So, I decided it would be perfect for the front, and I think it was!

Adding a simple strip of red above it linked all together perfectly...

...and I think my first diaper-cake turned out better than I could have ever imagined!!







~Can't wait to make another one!!


The only ribbon I had at the time was red; and even though I LOVED the way it made the wheels pop out, I believed it made the rest of it look plain and not match what was going on with the wheels.