Navigation1

Friday, June 26, 2015

New York Yankees Diaper-Cake

When I was asked to do a Diaper-Cake with a Baseball theme, I wasn't excited!!  It's hard to find lil' boy stuff lately, especially baseball themed.

Top-it-off, they wanted New York Yankees!

I searched and searched online and couldn't find anything for a diaper-cake that was reasonably priced.


I went to almost every store in our local Mall & all the local stores that sell baby supplies.. finding NOTHING!!

Finally, I decided to look in the fabric department in our local Walmart.  I came across a cute baseball fabric that was reasonable in price that I thought might work great for this project!

Once I got it all put together, it was missing something, I thought!!  I don't normally use the same blanket on the bedding and pillow; therefore, it seemed to blend together TOO much!!  

The lady wanted New Your Yankees, but I couldn't even find a bib that had anything on it...

SO, I decided to get out my machine and cut a decal to place on the Diaper-Cake.  It turned out great and the parents could put the decal on their car or on the baby's wall... Where ever they decide really!

The final version of the New York Yankees Diaper Cake turned out amazing, I thought; and the lady who had it made and the mother were very happy in the end!!  That's all that matters in the end, right!!??  :)