Navigation1

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Extra Credit?


Yesterday, out of the blue, I decided to make my daughter's teacher a Diaper-Cake.  I had thought bout it a few times; and wanted to do a 3 tier cake version for her. but deciding at the last minute made me grab what I knew I needed instead of getting a list of items and returning to the store later.

Bad thing about the spur-of-the-moment decision is that I had to work with what the Dollar General had; and that was limited for a little boy!  I grabbed the only fleece blanket left on the shelf and the last set of receiving blankets as well.. the design patterns didn't particularly fit what I wanted; but it turned out well considering (I think so at least, and she seemed to as well).

My oldest came home and seen it and asked "Who is that for?"; and when I said who, this was the response I got.. "That's Extra Credit right there. lol"

       

 This one was a little bit of a challenge since I wanted to add the baby's name and the money was on the corner of the fleece blanket...  But after many changes it worked out!

The name I cut with my Cricut Expression in Vinyl letters where she can use them on his wall, crib, or a sweet picture frame.

I took a lot of photographs while I was making this diaper-cake, and plan to use them in another post that will detail how to make one for your next baby shower; so, come back and check it out in the next couple of days!